Saturday, February 4, 2012
Jana here with a recipe that is full of great taste, and a wonderful meal for weeknights. I also think this would be a really nice meal to make for an at-home Valentines Day dinner! These are quicker to assemble than traditional lasagna, and are just as flavorful.
7-8 lasagna noodles
1 pound ground beef or turkey
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. When they are finished cooking, remove them, one at a time, from the hot water (I used a fork to lift them out), and lay them out flat on paper towels. This will allow them to dry, and cool off.
2. Cook the ground turkey until browned.
3. Combine the turkey, ricotta, garlic, oregano, and basil in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese and stir.
4. Put 1/3 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 glass dish, covering the bottom with sauce.
5. Begin putting the meat/cheese mixture onto the lasagna noodles. Roll them up, and place them, seam side down into the pan.
6. Once all of the noodles are in the pan, put the remaining spaghetti sauce over the top of the lasagna roll-ups. Then, sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.