All Recipes, a great resource for many yummy recipes! If you aren't a fan of shrimp, you could easily substitute chicken and it would taste just as wonderful!
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
1 box (or less) of fettuccini or linguini pasta
1 tablespoon butter
4 cloves minced garlic
1 - 1 1/2 cups half and half
8 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tail removed)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet, melt better, and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour in half and half, stirring well.
4. Slowly add parmesan cheese, stirring constantly.
5. Add parsley and salt, and allow sauce to simmer (low heat) for about 10 minutes.
6. Add shrimp (frozen), and let sauce simmer until shrimp is warmed and sauce has thickened. (approximately 10 more minutes)
7. Add pasta to skillet, stirring until evenly coated. I like to add the pasta in small amounts, until it looks like the correct amount. Sometimes you don't need the full box.
The sauce will thicken as it simmers, and you may add a small amount of cornstarch or flour to help it thicken if necessary. Enjoy!!