Tuesday, November 15, 2011
"Turtle Shells" aka: Roasted Brussel Sprouts
fresh brussel sprouts, from the produce section (I served my family 1 lb. and they were easily all gone)
olive oil, for drizzling
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Wash brussel sprouts, and slice them into half lengthwise (remember, turtle shells!)
3. Place them in a single layer onto a large baking sheet with an edge. It doesn't matter which side is facing up.
4. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
5. Place into the preheated oven, and set the timer for 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, use a wide spatula to gently toss and flip the brussel sprouts.
7. Continue roasting until the edges are definitely browning and crispy, approximately 10 additional minutes. Watch the last few minutes to make sure they aren't burning.
8. Serve to your family, and feel great about them enjoying a super healthy vegetable!
I'll be back Friday with a great easy, weeknight slow cooker soup that I think your whole family will enjoy!