Thursday, December 15, 2011

Grilled Flatbread Pizza

This pizza is unique in that it uses very non-traditional pizza ingredients, and is also made on "naan". Naan is Indian flatbread and can be found in the bakery section of your local Wal-Mart or grocery store. It came with two in the package. If you do a google search you can find many recipes to make Naan yourself, which I would encourage and will try to do next time to save on the cost. This pizza also strongly emphasizes onions. Yummy! I cook with onions or garlic at least 5 or 6 nights out of the week. This pizza was my first attempt at carmelizing onions and boy were they good!
Occasionally I'll make a meal that might not be low fat, but it isn't processed either-meaning I quickly recognized the ingredients in everything I was using to cook with. That's a quick "test" I do a lot-First, see how many ingredients are in something (the less the better), and also see if I know what they are.

Flatbread Pizza-found here: Our Best Bites: Flatbread Pizza (the "I" in the paragraph below is one of the lovely ladies from Our Best Bites)

No comments:

Post a Comment