Thursday, January 19, 2012

Black Bean and Cilantro Lemon Rice Burritos


If you've been reading for a while then you know I'm (Sara) a huge fan of a "bar" for dinner. Meaning, I like to have things set out (such as this Burrito Bar) and let people choose their own ingredients/toppings. There isn't really a recipe for this dinner, and the toppings could be endless. It's totally up to you.

Here's how we made our burritos:
I made some white rice and then mixed in cilantro and lemon juice once it was done. I didn't measure these out but did it to taste. You could do this also, according to how your family prefers things.

I also heated some black beans on the stove,
and made a platter with onion (both white and green), green chilies, and avocado. We also had sour cream, cheese, and salsa on the side. We wrapped our burritoes in whole wheat tortillas. These made delicious burritos, were easy, and quick to assemble/eat! My kind of meal. :)
Enjoy! Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment