Saturday, January 21, 2012
Soft Pretzels ~ Kid Friendly
Soft Pretzels (salty or sweet)
3/4 cup warm water
1 yeast packet
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
sea salt or cinnamon/sugar mix
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with oil.
2. Sprinkle a package of yeast onto 3/4 cup of warm water. Add a tablespoon of sugar, and stir. Let stand until mixture foams.
3. Put two cups of flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt into a bowl. Add the yeast mixture and stir.
3. Sprinkle flour on the counter and knead the dough until it's smooth.
4. Roll pieces of dough into ropes and make fun shapes.
5. Beat an egg with a fork. Brush pretzels with the egg. Sprinkle with coarse salt or cinnamon/sugar mix.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. (until light brown)