Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Lemon Cupcakes - A Low Calorie Version!
Lemon Cupcakes - A Low Calorie Version
1 box lemon cake mix
20 ounces Diet 7-Up
8 ounces Cool Whip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and link muffin tin with liners, or grease tins.
2. Mix the lemon cake mix (dry) with the 20 ounces of Diet 7-Up, making sure to mix well.
3. Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full with batter.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking often once it has been 20 minutes. I found that it took these cupcakes a little bit longer to cook than the box suggested, probably because of the change in ingredients.
5. After cupcakes have cooled, put cool whip on top for the 'frosting'. We put the cool whip in a ziploc bag, cut the corner off, and squeezed it onto the top to make it a little more decorative!
I was really excited with how these turned out! We took them to a birthday party, and everyone really liked them! Another great thing about this recipe is it's versatility. You can mix and match different types of cake mix and diet soda to create different flavors! I plan to try a chocolate cake mix and diet Dr. Pepper next! If anyone has made these cupcakes with a different flavor than I did, leave a comment and let us know how it turned out!