Thursday, April 19, 2012

Grilled Asparagus


So I mentioned earlier about my newfound love of grilling.  I usually roast aparagus, but when we're outside and the weather is gorgeous, going inside and cranking the oven up to 450 to watch asparagus roast isn't my idea of fun, so I thought I'd try it on the grill.  We really liked it, I'll definitely prepare it this way in the summer.  Since we were eating outside too, I didn't even trim the asparagus. I didn't want it to be too thin to fall through the grates, and the kids thought it was fun to just pick it up and eat it down until it got tough at the end.  

Grilled Asparagus

Asparagus (I used 1 pound)
Olive Oil
Basting Brush (I don't have one, so I used a clean paintbrush of the childrens', which worked, but I thought my arm got super hot, the handle isn't really long enough, ha!  So I wouldn't really recommend that unless you're desparate :)
Salt & Pepper, to taste

1) Heat grill up on high (which is about 450 on my natural gas grill).
2) Add asparagus, and cook about 5 minutes, or until it's starting to turn a nice vibrant green color.
3) Using your basting brush, gently coat the asparagus, rotating it as you go (be careful not to drip the oil all over or you may get a little fire flare-up)
4) Cook another 5-10 minutes until it's starting to brown on the edges.  Add a bit of salt & pepper and serve immediately.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment