Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Maple Salmon


Jana here with a salmon recipe that your whole family will love!  I typically do not love meat recipes that involve fruit, or anything sweet, but I decided to try this recipe, and I'm glad I did!  It has simple ingredients, but makes a very delicious flavor once cooked!  The salmon marinates in the sauce for at least 30 minutes before cooking, so that helps keep the meat from drying out.  The recipe is versatile because you can use fresh or frozen salmon. If using frozen (as I did), make sure to thaw the fillets out before marinating and cooking.  I found this recipe on All Recipes, and will definitely be making it again!

Maple Salmon

1 pound salmon
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1. In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.

2. Place salmon in a baking dish (I used a 9x13), and pour sauce over salmon. (allowing the extra to flow into dish)  Cover the dish, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

4. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until salmon flakes with a fork.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment