Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Parmesan Coated Chicken & Roasted Red Potatoes
Jana here with two basic recipes that you go very well together! I found the chicken recipe on a blog that gave credit to Hellman's for the original recipe. The prep time for the chicken is fast, and it has a really great flavor! The potatoes and carrots dish was something that we came up with, and everyone really enjoyed! Both dishes bake at the same temperature, so you can bake them at the same time!
Roasted Red Potatoes
7-9 red potatoes
1 cup baby carrots (or sliced carrots)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Chop potatoes and carrots to desired size, and place in a glass baking dish.
2. Brush olive oil over the top, making sure to coat everything.
3. Sprinkle seasonings on potatoes and carrots. Stir the veggies, so the olive oil and seasonings can spread throughout the carrots and potatoes.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are to your desired consistency.
Parmesan Coated Chicken
1/4 cup real mayonnaise (I prefer the kind with olive oil)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces per breast)
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place chicken in a glass baking dish. Spread mayonnaise onto each piece of chicken. (I didn't use very much, but you may use as much as you would like! Just make sure that the top of each piece of covered.)
3. Mix the parmesan cheese and bread crumbs together in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Dip the chicken into the mixture, coating the side that has the mayo on it.
4. Return the chicken to the baking dish, and bake for 20-25 minutes. After the cooking time has been completed, make sure the chicken is throughly cooked. If not, return to the oven for 5 minute intervals until it is no longer pink, and easily tears apart.