Tuesday, May 8, 2012

'Red Lobster' Pina Colada Sauce (for shrimp)

Becca here with not the healthiest meal I've shared.....for sure....but, while it tastes nearly identical to the super yummy sauce Red Lobster serves with their coconut shrimp, I'm pretty sure it is healthier than theirs, and definitely sure that it costs significantly less, so we'll go with that!  Red Lobster has been one of my favorite places to eat as long as I can remember.  In fact, in the 7th grade, I got my first, second, and third B grades of my entire life in Pre-Algebra the first 3 nine weeks.  So Momma told me that if I got an A the last nine-weeks, she would take me to Red Lobster, just she & I, a really big deal.  So guess what?  I got an A, ha!  Now, with 3 sweet children of my own, it's not worth the hassle or price to me to eat out very often, so I like to make this yummy sauce my friend April gave to me years ago; my recipe is first dated 2004 in fact, although I've made a few minor modifications since.  This tastes best if it's had a chance to be refrigerated for an hour or two ahead of time at least, and makes enough for 2 meals for my family, plus leftovers that we use in a fun way; I'll share that recipe on Thursday.  Enjoy!!

'Red Lobster' Pina Colada Sauce (for shrimp)

1 cup pina colada drink mix (*see note below recipe)
1 cup plain Greek Style Yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
1 cup UNdrained canned, crushed pineapple

Combine all ingredient.  Stir covered in refrigerator.

*This is a mixture in a large bottle in the aisle with things to mix with alcohol.  The kind I found at my local stores (they all carried the same size bottle) was $3 and had enough to make this recipe four times!  I measured out the extra pina colada mix and pineapple into 3 quart size freezer ziploc bags, so all need to do is add the Greek Yogurt next time we want to eat it, and that way the pina colada mix didn't spoil before we could use it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment