Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Simple Spinach Dip


Jana here with a simple recipe for warm Spinach Dip!  I got this recipe from my mom, and I know she has made it for a long time!  I'm not sure where it originated.  The reason I like this dip so much, is the simplicity of the ingredients, the delicious flavor, and how fast it can be prepared!  It tastes great served with crackers, such as wheat thins, or tortilla chips!

Simple Spinach Dip

10 ounces frozen spinach
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon pepper

1. Cook the spinach according to package directions.  When finished, drain and press to remove excess liquid.

2. Melt butter on low heat in a medium pot.

3. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.

4. Add spinach and other ingredients.  Stir well, and serve warm.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I'm definitely making this one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it! It's so easy to make, and uses ingredients you probably already have!

      Delete