Jana here with a classic recipe that everyone has probably had before! I like to try new recipes, and try new foods, but sometimes you just want to eat something that you remember your mom or grandma making you when you were younger! I found a recipe on All Recipes that looked like the perfect peanut butter cookie, and it was! It definitely is not a 'healthy cookie', but that's ok too!
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add in egg and beat.
2. In a separate medium sized bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients, and mix until combined.
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and flatten out. Put the wrapped dough in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes. This will make forming the cookies manageable.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Roll into 1 inch balls, and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss cross pattern.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown. Be sure not to overbake.