Jana here with a quick mexican recipe that is so delicious! I found this recipe idea on Pinterest, and adapted it from this blog. These wraps are protein packed, full of flavor, and a great weeknight dinner! You can easily swap out ingredients for things you have, and add or take away things to suit your family's preferences!
Southwest Chicken Wraps
1 cup cooked rice (we like brown rice)
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
6 burrito size flour tortillas
1. Mix all ingredients together, except the last three. (cheese, sour cream, tortillas)
2. Sprinkle cheese on tortillas, leaving at least 1/2 inch on all edges. Add a small amount of sour cream down the middle of the tortilla.
3. Add the chicken and rice mixture down the middle of the tortilla.
4. Roll the tortillas, leaving the edges open. Slightly press the tortillas with your hand to flatten.
5. On a non-stick griddle or skillet heated to medium heat, place the wraps, seam side down to brown. It will take about 2 or 3 minutes per side.