Monday, September 24, 2012

Banana Butterscotch Muffins

What a treat these muffins are! I will warn you though-these are delicious and NOT a "healthy" version of a muffin.  They are definitely more of a dessert!  I often like to make a muffin or treat like this when I know we're having people over to our house.  That way I can enjoy the treat, without indulging in all 12 muffins myself.

Banana Butterscotch Muffins
Ingredients:
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 and 2/3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 mashed bananas
1 cup butterscotch chips

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or spray the inside of muffin tin.
2.)  Mix the oil and eggs together, and then mix in the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.  (I use my electric mixer for this and mix until all ingredients are combined).  Next, add the mashed banana and continue mixing until banana is evenly combined. 
3.) Last, fold butterscotch chips into batter. 
4.) Evenly distribute batter between the 12 muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes.

*I like to store "old" bananas (meaning they've turned brown) in the freezer.  Then I will simply lay them out in a bowl an hour or two before I need them for baking! 

Enjoy!
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment