Thursday, September 13, 2012

Honey Red Wine Viniagrette Salad Dressing

Becca here with one of my very favorite recipes.  This salad dressing that I've adapted for our family, is my all-time favorite of any kind, store-bought, restaurant, or homemade.  It's the perfect blend of sweet & tangy, and uses pantry staples, so it's easy to mix up a batch anytime.  I love it with organic spring mix as the base, blue cheese, and then a fruit & a nut.  Here I've just used the pantry staples of craisins & roasted almonds, but I love peaches & pecans, pears & walnuts, and apples with any kind of nut.  The possibilities are endless, and this is a salad that even my non-salad-loving husband enjoys!  A great refreshing quick meal.  If blue cheese isn't your favorite, you could use mozzarella instead, although I very highly recommend the blue cheese!  You can store the dressing in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks, if it lasts that long before being eaten (it never does at my house)!  It will separate & the olive oil will solidify some, so removing it 30 minutes or so before serving will ensure that it shakes and mixes together well again before serving.

Honey Red Wine Viniagrette Salad Dressing

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup honey (I use local honey)
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon salt (I use Real Salt)
1/2 cup olive oil

Combine all in a jar with a tight fitting lid (a canning jar works great!).  Shake well to combine.  Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve, removing to the counter 30 minutes before serving for best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment