Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Semi-Homemade Refried Beans


Recently, I needed refried beans for a meal I was making, and realized we didn't have any. I did a search and found a recipe for making refried beans from canned pinto beans, an ingredient I did have on hand!  I was so pleased with the results of this recipe, that I'm not sure that I will purchase canned refried beans again!  It was a very quick process (under 10 minutes), and the results were much tastier than what we had been eating!

Semi-homemade Refried Beans

3 tablespoons canola (or vegetable) oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cans (15 ounces) pinto beans
salt

1. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, continually stirring.

2. Add the beans, liquid included.  Start smashing the beans using a potato masher, or the back of a wooden spoon.

3. Keep stirring/smashing until you are pleased with the results.  The consistency will pretty quickly become soft like mashed potatoes. 

4. Taste, and season with salt if needed.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment