Monday, November 12, 2012

DIY Jar Trees

 Hi everyone!  I know it's a bit early to post Christmas decorating ideas, but the truth is I've decorated much earlier this year.  I'm 9 months pregnant and know that if I don't decorate now it just won't get done.  With that said-this year I spent my time thinking of inexpensive, DIY ideas to spruce up my home.  I've seen the idea of placing vintage trees in mason jars before, but didn't have any vintage trees!  However, after making a quick trip to my local Hobby Lobby I found the perfect-sized miniature trees for my idea.  At an original cost of $1.99, plus 50% off, the price couldn't be beat!

To make this cute jar decoration I simply filled the jars I already owned (I save jars from EVERYTHING) with items I already had on hand in the kitchen!  I filled the jars with either sugar, flour, rice, or coconut, and then nestled the miniature trees on top.  What a quick and easy way to decorate a table, mantle, piano top, or dresser! 

Happy Crafting!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment