blog. She makes (and sells!) some very cute hats, scarves, and other items! I made this last year for the first time, and everyone that had it at family gatherings really enjoyed it! I used Granny Smith apples, and the tart flavor of those combined with the sweet potatoes is so good!
Roasted Apples and Sweet Potatoes with
5 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup lemon
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Wash and bake sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for 1
2. Slice* apples and toss with lemon juice.
sugar, honey, butter, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in pan. Bring to boil until
thickened (about 2 minutes).
4. Peel potatoes, slice, and arrange in a
9x13 baking dish with apples, alternating apple slices with potato
5. Reserve 1/4 cup glaze, and pour remaining glaze over potatoes
6. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove, brush remaining glaze on, and sprinkle nuts on top. Bake 15 more
*Instead of using our apple corer/slicer, we sliced the apples
into circle slices so they were thinner.