Monday, December 3, 2012

Mini Pumpkin Pies

Isn't mini food just so much more fun? I sure think so.  I recently wanted to bake a pumpkin pie for my family but didn't want to make my own pie crust.  I decided to buy a frozen pie crust and as I was looking in the frozen food aisle I noticed these tiny pie crusts.  I decided to give them a try and was very pleased with the results!  If you wanted to make your own pie crust, you could get the same look by pressing your pie crust into individual aluminum tins. This pie is delicious and doesn't take too long to make!  One pie is actually quite filling.  I finished mine, but really could have shared.

Mini Pumpkin Pies
Ingredients:
15 oz. canned pumpkin (or homemade pumpkin puree)
2 TB butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, unpacked
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 egg
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 frozen pie crust

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place pumpkin in a mixing bowl.  Add softened butter and mix well on low to medium speed.  Next, add brown sugar, egg, egg whites, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla to the bowl and mix on medium speed until mixture is smooth.

Pour pie filling into pie crust and bake between 45-60 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
*The bake time can vary so please watch the crust on your pie so it doesn't burn!  I poured my pie filling directly into the frozen shells and baked the pies for around 50 minutes. 

(Recipe adapted from: here)

Happy Eating!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment