Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Chicken Enchilada Roll-Ups
Jana here with a recipe for an appetizer that I knew I wanted to try the first time I read about it here. I love Mexican food, and almost any kind of roll-up I have tried, so this sounded like the perfect match! These were prepared for a family get-together, and needed to be fine to sit out for awhile. They tasted great cold, or at room temperature, making them a wonderful item to take to a potluck! These roll-ups are very simple to make. All you have to do is mix a few easy ingredients, roll, and cut! Before you begin rolling the tortillas, the mixture will need to be refrigerated for at least an hour. Keep this in mind when preparing!
Chicken Enchilada Roll-Ups (makes about 3 dozen)
2 packages of cream cheese (8 ounces each), softened
1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
1 can Rotel tomatoes (10 ounces)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1 package tortillas, burrito sized
1. Mix the cream cheese and shredded cheese together until well blended.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
4. Place one heaping spoonful onto the tortilla, spreading to the edges by using a spatula.
5. Roll the tortilla, and cut into pieces. It is easiest to cut the tortilla using a serrated knife.