Monday, May 20, 2013

DIY Cake Stand

The cake stand is an easy DIY idea! I have this beautiful plate from my great-grandma, and this candle holder I never used.  I decided to dip the bottom of the candleholder in paint and let it dry for a day or two. Then I set the beautiful plate on top, making a new cake plate! I did add a bit of hot glue to the bottom of the plate to make sure it wouldn't get scooted off the base.


I was very pleased with how it turned out.  
Some of you are probably gasping in surprise or displeasure that I dipped a good candle holder in paint so if this doesn't suit you check out a local thrift store for something you feel you can dip more freely. 

If you give this a try, please email us a picture at thricethespice@yahoo.com! We'd love to see! :)

Happy Crafting,
Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment