Friday, June 14, 2013

Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham



Jana here with a recipe that is really delicious, and easy to put together!  I found the recipe on food.com, which is one of the websites I search if I have a recipe in mind, but want to see different variations and read reviews. A lot of recipes for scalloped potatoes had Velveeta, or cream soups in them, both things I try to avoid when I cook. I was glad to see this recipe with basic, 'real food' ingredients!

Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham

6 medium potatoes, cubed (I don't peel mine, but you can if you don't prefer to eat the peel)
1/2 cup - 1 cup ham, diced
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium sized skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Add milk, and whisk until combined and thickening. Add cheese, and stir until melted. Add the garlic and onion powder, and mix well.

2. Place half of the diced potatoes in a 2 quart baking dish. Add half of the diced ham on top. Repeat this with the remaining potatoes and ham. Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the whole dish. 

3. Cover, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the cover, and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment