Monday, August 19, 2013

How do you eat seasonally? Please share!

 Hi everybody! How is your summer wrapping up?  We are still eating the fruits of our labor (or my husband's labor at least!) in our garden and just can't get enough.  Delicious, healthy food right at our fingertips? It's almost too good to be true.  We've also been enjoying eggs from my mom-in-law's chickens and local fruit, like the peaches shown below.
 We've canned quite a bit of vegetables to try to keep the good food going right on into fall.  Here's what I want to know today-what are YOUR tips for continuing to eat local/seasonally once fall arrives?  We have plans for a fall lettuce garden but I'm not quite sure what else to do other than that.
I love feeling better and less sluggish as we fill our tummies with healthy, good tasting food.  I'm just not sure how to keep on during the winter months.  Comments appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment