Monday, August 5, 2013

Sausage and Vegetable Medley

(We gobbled up this dinner so quickly I didn't even get a pic of the finished product!  But I did get a pic of the prep work..
which I thought looked just lovely. So trust me, you'll want to try this recipe)

This recipe is another one that my husband and I collaborated on.  I think you'll find that it's delicious flavor, and robust taste will leave you very satisfied!  You can easily add or omit veggies as you see necessary in this recipe, to fit your own individual tastes and needs.

Sausage and Vegetable Medley

Ingredients:
1 package turkey sausage, sliced
1 large zucchini, diced
1 large squash, diced
1 medium white onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 cup diced okra (we used fresh!)
1 cup diced FRESH banana pepper
3 fresh sage leaves, chopped
3 thyme sprigs, chopped
2 small tomatoes, diced
1 TB garlic
4 cups chicken broth

Directions:
1.) Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot and boil until vegetables are soft and turkey sausage is cooked, around 20 minutes.  Let simmer on low until ready to serve.

*We ate this over brown rice but it would also taste delicious on it's own!

Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment