Monday, September 30, 2013

Berries and Blooms: Decorating Naturally

Hi everyone!  We are almost to October-can you believe it?  I can't, but bring on the fall leaves, cooler temperatures, and fall decorating.  A common theme around our house is to use what we already have on hand.  With two little girls and a limited budget it makes decorating a creative challenge, but a rewarding one.  Something I have a habit of doing is saving containers from coffee, cans, jars, etc.  for various uses.  If you look around your kitchen you can really find some inspiring containers to hold whatever is in season and use this as decor!

A way I like to decorate easily and beautifully is to use natural items found outside, no matter the month.  For this particular season I gathered some white flowers, some dried stalks, and red and green berries.  For my containers I used a glass jar, recycled coffee can, and mini flower pots (these were thrifted).  I think the containers and berries/blooms look lovely arranged together.

These would look beautiful setting on your kitchen counter, or even as a centerpiece on your table!  I can even picture a wedding table, lined with these types of containers down the middle.

If you recycle your own containers and decorate with them-send us a picture at thricethespice@yahoo.com

We'd love to see what you come up with!
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment