Friday, September 27, 2013

Brownie in a Cup (Quick & Yummy!)



Jana here with a single serving brownie recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth!  Recently, I was really wanting something sweet, specifically chocolate!  I searched the pantry, but couldn't find anything. After a quick Google search, I came across this recipe on a food blog, Number 2 Pencil.  It only took minutes to mix this up in a coffee cup, under a minute in the microwave, and I had a delicious brownie!  I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand, so I left those out. I thought it was still really great, and an easy way to satisfy a sweet craving!

Brownie in a Cup

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 firmly packed tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt

1 egg yolk
4 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)

1. Melt butter in a microwave safe cup or mug.

2. Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla, and salt.

3. Stir in egg yolk. (only the yolk!)

4. Add flour and cocoa powder, and stir again until well combined. (add chocolate chips is using)

5. Cook for about 45 seconds in the microwave. Watch closely, don't overcook.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment