Monday, October 28, 2013

Autumn Jar

 We are right in the thick of autumn and I couldn't be more pleased!  This year I'm really embracing all that the cooler part of the year has to offer, including it's wonderful smells.  I've seen an idea or two on Pinterest for a jar of autumn scents.  I decided to take my own creative spin on this idea. 
I started with these two frappucino bottles I got from my sister months ago.  I knew they would come in handy someday and I was right!  I covered the bottles in fabric scraps first.
Next I hand-stamped a tag that reads "autumn" and also painted the lids of the jars with regular acrylic craft paint.  

 Last I filled the jars with allspice, cloves, and cinnamon.  I included my daughter in the activity of filling the jar and let her smell each ingredient.  She really got into it as you can tell. :)

The contents of the jar smell lovely with the lid taken off, or could be simmered on a stove-top to make your house smell great.  I think this would make a thoughtful gift for a friend or teacher.

Happy Autumn!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment