Monday, January 27, 2014

Indoor Picnic



Hi everyone!  Are you staying warm?  I feel like that's the normal question that's being asked over and over around here this winter.  Although one day this week we had warm enough temperatures for a stroll outside and sidewalk chalk, today we are back to the grind of winter.  The cold all day grind.  It sure does have us dreaming of Spring. 

For now, my girls and I have decided to make the merriest of our days inside.  Even with such a positive outlook sometimes it can feel a bit cooped up, can't it? 

I have an idea for you, that is perfect for a your children, a date night, or even a winter birthday party!  An indoor picnic.  This particular day we were stuck in and still in our jammies, but needing something a little extra special.  I had my older daughter go in the other room so I could surprise her and then set up this simple picnic. 

I laid a picnic blanket down that I picked up at the thrift store, clearance paper plates from Target, an artificial flower in a vase I crafted, and stuck some paper butterflies in mini pots, to give the feeling of being outdoors. 

I prepared some simple finger foods to top it all off!  My oldest daughter said "This is neat!!" and both girls really enjoyed themselves. 

I can't wait to hear how you enjoy the merriment of your own indoor picnic! 
Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment