Monday, February 17, 2014

Homemade Laundry Detergent


Do you have a laundry detergent you love?  I sure don't (or didn't!).  I admit, I was buying one of the cheapest kinds of laundry detergent there was and never really felt like it did a good job.  I have a one-year old and a two-year old, and a husband that works manual labor most days so our clothes get super dirty!  I found a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap in my cabinet I had forgotten about and decided to make my own laundry detergent!  I am very pleased with the quality of how clean the clothes are!  You should give this a try.  It only took a few minutes to mix up! 

Homemade Laundry Detergent
1 cup Dr. Bronner's pure castile liquid soap (found on amazon) 
1 cup baking soda
2 cups water
1/3 cup salt

Directions: 

Warm the water and mix with salt and baking soda until dissolved.  Pour into a one-gallon container.  Add the Dr. Bronner's soap and fill the remainder of the gallon jar with water.  Use 1/2 cup per load! 


No comments:

Post a Comment