Monday, March 24, 2014

Best hummus ever.


How's that for an original title and recipe name?! The truth is, my sis-in-law to be sent me a text one night asking if I liked hummus, to which I eagerly replied "yes!"  She brought some by the house for me and it is seriously the best hummus I've ever had.  And I've tried a lot of kinds!  It is flavorful and much thicker than the kind you buy at Wal-Mart, which I prefer.  It is peppery and a bit spicy. Absolutely delicious! I asked her to share the recipe so today I am the humble message bearer of such good news.  Best hummus ever! 

Ingredients:
1 can drained chickpeas (garbanzo beans) 1/2 lemon (juiced) 1 tbsp. tahini (sesame butter) - I add some sesame oil as well from the jar 4 to 5 garlic cloves 1-2 tbsp. olive oil salt & lots of fresh cracked pepper

Directions:

Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth and well incorporated. Garnish hummus with olive oil, herbs, pine nuts or whatever you please. Enjoy!

Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment