Monday, May 12, 2014

Spring Salad



Hello friends! It's that lovely time of year again when salads are a MUST for dinner!  I have a quick, easy meal to share with you tonight that is great for customizing for your own family needs.  I also think making a salad bar for company would be awesome!  Everyone gets to pick and choose what they like and leave off the rest.  Win, win. 

We've been eating a lot of garden salads lately so let me share what we like to put on top.  FIRST, and most importantly, for me to eat a salad for dinner it must include protein and make me truly full!  We don't eat salads for diet reasons and don't skimp on the meatiness, so to speak.  We usually start with garden lettuce and build the salad up from there with artichokes, green olives, green onions, peppers, radishes (garden fresh!), tuna, boiled eggs, and roasted chickpeas.  All topped with a bit of EVOO and balsamic vinegar.

To make the roasted chickpeas I simply drain a can (or two or three!) of chickpeas, dry them off a bit with a kitchen towel, and then add a tablespoon or two of EVOO, a bit of spice (like Cavenders) and some salt in a bowl.  Mix well and roast at 350 'till crispy! 

I hope you'll enjoy a tasty salad this week! 
Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment