Friday, June 13, 2014

Homemade Sandwich Bread (Bread Machine Recipe)



Jana here, and today I wanted to share my favorite homemade bread recipe!  I make it for our family's sandwich bread each week.  Well, since we have 5 people in our family, a loaf doesn't typically last a whole week...so I normally make this about every 4 or 5 days. That is about the length of time that the bread will stay fresh. If you know you won't be able to eat it in that time frame, I would slice the loaf and freeze it. Then, you'll be able to pull out enough for each day, etc. The bread maker that I have (and love) is the Panasonic SD-YD250.  I have used it consistently for months, and always had great results. I highly recommend it!  This recipe is modified from one of the recipes that came in a booklet with my machine. My mother-in-law has the same bread machine, and told me about some modifications she made to make this a great sandwich bread. I tried it, and we loved the results too!

Homemade Sandwich Bread

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons powdered milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons butter (I like to cut this into smaller pieces)
1 1/4 cups water
1 teaspoon yeast

For the bread machine listed above, this would require you to use the 'wheat' setting, and makes a 'medium' size loaf. I know all bread machines differ, but I think this recipe could be used in different machines!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment