Wednesday, February 8, 2017

{Thrice Favorites} Slow Cooker Chicken Curry



Jana here with a recipe that my family really enjoys!  After eating at an Indian restaurant last year, I discovered that I really enjoyed the flavors of the food we ordered!  I came home, and decided to start making different forms of curry. This recipe is so delicious, and you can make it as spicy (or not!) as you prefer!   I found the recipe here, and followed it fairly closely.  I hope you'll give this a try, even if it's different from what you normally cook!

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or tenders)
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
15 ounce can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
cayenne powder (to taste)

1. In the bottom of the slow cooker, mix together the coconut milk, broth, tomato sauce, curry powder, salt, and cayenne.

2. Add chicken breasts, onion, chickpeas, and sweet potatoes. Gently toss ingredients to evenly coat.

3. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Serve over rice. (I found Basmati rice at my local store, and it was delicious!)

Enjoy!

Printable Version

No comments:

Post a Comment