Homemade Saturdays. She makes (and sells!) some very cute hats, scarves, and other items!
Roasted Apples and Sweet Potatoes with Honey Glaze
5 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup lemon juice
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
6 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup pecans
1. Wash and bake sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
2. Slice* apples and toss with lemon juice.
3. Combine sugar, honey, butter, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in pan. Bring to boil until thickened (about 2 minutes).
4. Peel potatoes, slice, and arrange in a 9x13 baking dish with apples, alternating apple slices with potato slices.
5. Reserve 1/4 cup glaze, and pour remaining glaze over potatoes and apples.
6. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
7. Remove, brush remaining glaze on, and sprinkle nuts on top. Bake 15 more minutes.
*Instead of using our apple corer/slicer, we sliced the apples into circle slices so they were thinner.