Friday, December 2, 2011

Buttery Lemon Pepper Parmesan Noodles

These yummy noodles are definitely one of my favorite 'go to' recipes for a dinner I know everyone will love!  I first had a variation at my college friend April's house several years ago.  I've changed the original that she passed along to me quite a bit to suit our tastes, but the first idea came from her originally.  These aren't the leanest noodles you can prepare, but I usually serve them with fish and a steamed vegetable to make a well-balanced meal.  The recipe as printed serves my family of five easily twice as a side dish. Our family's favorite noodles are Barilla Plus, so that's what I use.  Whole wheat, or your favorite variety would be fine also.  Remember to use the 'real' parmesan cheese too, not the powdered stuff in a can they have at the pizza place :)  I have also made these up ahead of time & taken them to a potluck in a slow cooker that I put on 'warm' after we got there & they did well.  Enjoy!

Buttery Lemon Pepper Parmesan Noodles
(serves 10 as a side dish)

1 box thin spaghetti (Barilla Plus is 14.5 oz. but a 16 oz. box would work fine also)
6 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Turn stovetop off.  Drain into a colander in the sink, and return pan to stovetop.  Add butter to pan, leaving stove off.

When butter has mostly melted, return hot, drained noodles to pan.  Gently toss to combine.

Add in remaining ingredients (lemon juice, oregano, lemon pepper seasoning, and shredded parmesan cheese) and again gently toss to combine. 

Serve immediately.

1 comment: