Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Slow Cooker 'Restaurant Style' Baked Sweet Potatoes

These are so simple, but so yummy, that I hesitated to post this recipe, but thought I'd give you a bit of encouragement to try them if you haven't yet!  As a matter of fact, my 6 year old daughter prepared them entirely on her own with me giving just a few instructions, and is ready to do it 'all by herself' next time.  The sweet potatoes really come out with a the great, smooth, creamy texture like the ones at restaurants do.  Even better, they cost a fraction of the price, and you can decide how much (or how little) butter & sugar you want on top to make them far healthier!  My husband loves the baked sweet potatoes at Logan's Roadhouse, and thinks these are even better.

Slow Cooker 'Restaurant Style' Sweet Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes (depending on size, 1/2 - 1 per person you're serving, more if you want leftovers)
Foil
Slow Cooker
For Serving:
Butter
Organic Cane Sugar (or brown sugar)
Cinnamon

Scrub potatoes well.  Lay on a clean dishtowel to dry.

Wrap each sweet potato in a square of foil, sealing as tightly as possible.  I taught Kyla to roll it first, then twist the ends & squeeze it all over so they're nearly airtight.

Place into slow cooker and cook on high 4-6 hours.  This is going to depend upon the size of your sweet potato & slow cooker.  My sweet potatoes were on the smallish size, and I cooked them 4 hours, but could have gotten away with a bit less, in my 6 quart slow cooker.

Unwrap carefully (they're hot!), slice into half, and serve with a little bit of butter, sugar, and lots of cinnamon sprinkled over the top!  Then, as Nathan says after he prays, "Dig In!"

No comments:

Post a Comment