Monday, December 5, 2011

Super Snacking

Hi everyone! Today's post is a bit different-tackling a word I love: Snacks. You'll either think I'm smart or crazy by the end of this post and I'll let you decide that on your own. :) I am a busy, nursing mom who has struggled lately to get the "good" fats my body needs so that my daughter can get what she needs as well! I know if I struggle to grab good food in a hurry with only one child-then others must too. Whether your job is mom or not-everyone needs nutritious snacks and the right kind of fat! 


 I made two Snack Stations-one for my pantry, one for my fridge. In the pantry station above you'll see cocoa powder almonds in individual baggies (measured out for the correct portion size), popcorn kernels in brown paper bags (also measured properly-see Becca's Popcorn post for the "How-To!"), and granola in a glass jar I can either eat by itself, or pour over yogurt. My granola is store-bought but you could easily make your own and that would be even better! Quick and easy.
In the fridge station you'll find grapes (already washed, and divided into bags), sliced cheese, hard-boiled eggs, and a cheese/Triscuit bag too. All lined up next to my new favorite salsa, Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter, and Dannon Plain Yogurt. All this takes is a bit of prep work and it is then so easy to grab something filling, helpful for your body, and tasty too :).  Happy Snacking! -Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment