Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Orange Potpourri (On the Stove)


Jana here with a recipe that will make your house smell SO good!  This orange potpourri can be left simmering on your stove all day, and it is the perfect winter scent!  I think having your house smell good is such an important thing!  When a guest walks into your home, and comments that it smells nice, that's an added bonus to me!  I like to keep a scented candle burning during the winter, but they can get very expensive!  I made a varation of orange potpourri that is very simple, and inexpensive too!

Orange Potpourri for the Stove

2 oranges
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1. Cut oranges into quarters.

2. Put them in a small pot, and cover with water. 

3. Add the spices, and stir.  Simmer as long as desired! 
*Make sure to add water as necessary.

2 comments:

  1. I do something very similar - but after my kids eat their oranges, I have them save their peels. They've gotten used to it now ;) Also works really nicely with apple peels when I'm making a crisp or something. Another "simmer" recipe I found on Pinterest: a lemon or two, a sprig of rosemary, and a tsp of vanilla.

    ReplyDelete