Tuesday, February 28, 2012

'Anytime' Breakfast Burritos



Becca here with one of my absolute favorite 'standby' meals.  I titled them "Anytime" breakfast burritos because although they do contain the traditionally 'breakfasty' eggs & sausage, I never hesitate to serve them at any meal.  In fact, I nearly always have the ingredients on hand for when we need a quick & filling meal that I know everyone will eat & love.  Add salsa & sour cream and a side of beans for a more Mexican meal, or fruit and juice for a great brunch.  I've also stirred rotel in at the end.  Lots of possibilities here!

"Anytime" Breakfast Burritos

8 eggs
1 pound breakfast style sausage (I make my homemade breakfast sausage recipe)
shredded cheese (our family favorite is sharp cheddar)
tortillas

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook breakfast sausage, crumbling with a wooden spoon as it cooks.  When it's browned on the outside & no longer pink inside, pour sausage onto a paper towel lined plate to drain.  I place another plate, upside down, on top to keep it warm.

In the same skillet, add eggs.  I stir them nearly constantly as they cook.  Since your skillet and stovetop are already hot from cooking the sausage, it will only take a few minutes.  The eggs will be done when they are set up, but still slightly moist.  At this point, add sausage back into the skillet.

I lay the tortillas on top of the sausage/egg mixture just for a few seconds each, literally, as I'm fixin the burritos, so that they are warmed.  Fill tortillas, top with cheese, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment