Friday, March 9, 2012

Chicken Barbeque Pizza


Becca here with one of my family's favorite pizzas!  There's a local pizza place here that serves a chicken barbeque pizza that we would sometimes order for lunch during my "working days" many years ago :)  Since I don't have the time or budget to do that regularly now, with 3 little ones & homeschooling, I've started making our own.  Feel free to use your family's favorite pizza crust recipe, or even a store-bought crust, as well as your favorite barbeque sauce.  Although I love a tangy sauce on bbq sandwiches, I think a bit of a sweeter sauce (like Kraft or KC Masterpiece, not expensive 'real' barbeque store stuff :) tastes better on this pizza.  Bonus, it's less expensive too :)  See below for a great tip on reheating any kind of pizza too.  No more soggy or chewy crust!!

Your favorite pizza crust
1 bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce (see note above)
1 red onion, cut into pieces
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken (great use for Slow-Cooker Easy Cooked Chicken & Stock)
2-4 cups mozzarella (this part-skim mozzarella from Sam's club is my favorite, and just $2/a pound)

Prepare pizza crust for toppings.

Spread barbeque sauce evenly over pizza crust, reserving some for topping.
Next, add chicken, red onion, and mozzarella cheese.  Top with remaining barbeque sauce.
Cook according to crust directions (I do mine at 500 for 10-12 minutes)

**To reheat leftover pizza of any kind, I use my broiler pan; you likely have one in the drawer under your oven and didn't know what to do with it.  Now you have at least one great use!  Make sure you use both of the pans together; there should be a bottom solid pan, and a top pan with vents on it, as you can see above, that stack together, vented pan on top.  Place your pizza on top of the vented pan to reheat it, I do 400 until the cheese starts bubbling, and you'll have an amazing crisp crust; it definitely tastes 'fresh' and not reheated.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment