Monday, March 5, 2012

DIY Nacho Night

So here's a real look at our table recently! Something I love about going out to eat is the presentation. To me-presentation is everything! Most nights I'm doing good enough to get food on the table at home though. This meal is so quick and simple however, you can easily spice up your presentation without too much work! We love nachos, and as you can tell, I prepared quite a lot. I did this intentionally so that we'd have something quick to throw together for lunches the rest of the week. We had a number of toppings to choose from, but you could add even more if you wanted! I love a DIY night because then everyone gets to have what tastes best to them. Also, we tried refried black beans with this meal and liked them! I need to compare the calories and fat with the fat free refried beans, which are what we usually eat.

DIY Nacho Night
1 pound meat of choice (we used deer meat!)
1 packet taco seasoning

Tortilla chips of choice

Nacho toppings:
We used tomato, green onion, white onion, jalapeno, light sour cream, cheese, and salsa.
Additional ingredients you could use are: black olives, beans, corn, avocado, red onion, green chilies, etc.

Cook meat and then follow taco seasoning directions.
Display all toppings in bowl or on platter and dig in !
Happy Eating!
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment