Saturday, March 3, 2012

Taco Salad

Jana here with a new idea for Taco Salad!  Last week, we were having some friends over for dinner, and we were making Taco Salad for the meal.  I was using ground turkey for the meat, and had planned to season it myself.  I didn't have any homemade taco seasoning, and I was in a hurry, so I just seasoned the meat with spices.  After taste-testing it, my husband came up with the awesome idea to add some pureed Rotel to it!  We put a can of Rotel in the food chopper/blender, added it to 2 pounds of ground turkey, and we had a delicious, flavorful taco salad meat!  I recommend trying this method for seasoning ground turkey or beef for any mexican meal!

Our Taco Salad consisted of:

Lettuce
Tortilla Chips
Seasoned Ground Turkey
Kidney Beans
Chopped Black Olives
Diced Tomatoes
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream

If we had had any avacadoes on hand, those would have definitely been added also!  This is an inexpensive, healthy, delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment