Monday, May 14, 2012

Parmesan and Garlic Lemon Chicken and Veggies

Hi everyone! This recipe is just delicious! I added things here and there as I went, mostly out of a lack of time! I made this on a night when I was running behind and ended up being so pleasantly surprised at how quickly it came together and how delicious it tasted. My husband complimented me on this dinner several times so I will definitely make it again! *Please note-I made this with what I had on hand, in a 9 by 13 casserole pan. You could easily use more or less chicken, potatoes, and veggies, or even add your own favorite veggies to this! Mushrooms would be delicious as well.

Parmesan and Garlic-Lemon Marinated Chicken, Potatoes, and Veggies

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 zucchini
1 squash
2 potatoes
1 red onion

Marinade:
1 Tb. garlic
2 Tb. pesto (homemade or I prefer the store-bought Classico jar)
1/4 c. lemon juice
5-6 tablespoons olive oil
2 Tb. fresh basil
1/2 Tb. dried oregano

Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top. You decide the amount!

Directions:
1.) Slice zucchini, squash, and onions and put in 9 by 13 casserole pan. Also, dice potatoes and put in pan as well.
2.) Mix veggies, onion, and potatoes by hand in the casserole pan.
3.) Lay chicken breasts on top of the veggie/onion/potato mixture.
4.) Combine garlic, pesto, lemon juice, olive oil, basil, and oregano in food processor.  Combine until well pureed.
5.) Pour marinade over the chicken and veggies. Try to spread this marinade as evenly as possible.
6.) Sprinkle the top of the chicken/veggies/onion/potatoes with grated parmesan cheese.  I used around 2 or 3 tablespoons.
7.) Bake at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. Check chicken and potatoes for tenderness after about 30 minutes.

Recipe based on http://www.ourbestbites.com/2012/04/lemon-garlic-herb-rubbed-chicken/

No comments:

Post a Comment