Thursday, May 10, 2012

Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles!


Becca here with a really yummy summer treat!  I got these neat Tovolo Ice Pop Molds and started keeping them filled in the spring & summer 3 years ago, when we took my oldest son off of dairy and I wanted him to have a fun, dairy-free, treat.  I quickly grew to LOVE them, and try and keep them stocked in the freezer and ready to go.  These aren't your old, messy popsicle molds, this is the fourth year we've used them, and they've received heavy use and rotation, and they're still all in great shape.  The little ledge at the bottom catches drips too, I would highly recommend them (and no, this isn't some sort of paid referral, just something I love!).  We have the stars, rockets, which are my favorites, and traditional rectangular popsicle molds, which are a bit big for the children I think.   I've filled them with just plain fruit juice, or juice & fruit, yogurt, the possibilities are endless.  But today I wanted to share a great way to use any leftover pina colada sauce you may have from making the yummy shrimp dipping sauce recipe I shared Tuesday.  If you haven't made it yet, what are you waiting for?!  Everyone in the family loved these popsicles, I even caught my husband sneaking them out of the freezer :)
Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles

1 cup leftover pina colada sauce from my "Red Lobster Pina Colada Sauce" recipe
2 cups strawberries

Combine all in blender; fill popsicle molds, and freeze until solid.  Enjoy!!

We also recently added these reuseable silicone push pop molds to our popsicle rotation, and they've been a big hit with the children.  I love making my own squeeze yogurts without some of the questionable packaging & ingredients in the ones you buy premade at the store.
What's your favorite popsicle to make in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment