Jana here with a recipe that the whole family absolutely loved! Although most of you probably don't think of chili as a summer food, save this recipe for a rainy day! I happened to plan this on the menu for a day that we did have a cooler, rainy day, so it worked out perfect! Add a garden salad, and some whole wheat bread, and you have a delicious meal! This is also made in the slow cooker, so it is very low maintenance, and easy to prep! I found the recipe that I based this on here. For a quick meal on a busy day, you will definitely want to try this!
Creamy Chicken Chili
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cilantro
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 chicken breast halves, or 1 cup shredded chicken
1. Place the chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add beans, corn, and tomatoes on top.
2. Add ranch mix and seasonings on top, and stir with the beans, corn, and tomatoes to combine.
3. Put the block of cream cheese on top of the mixture, and cover.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Stir cream cheese in, and shred the chicken. (if you have used chicken breast halves) Mix together, and serve.