Jana here with a recipe that was new for my family, and we all thoroughly enjoyed! It is definitely being added to the 'make again' category! (which is why it's being posted on this blog!!) If you do weekly meal planning and are needing some inspiration, look for the categories that we have posted on the right column of the blog. You can be as general as 'main dish', or as specific as the type of meat you are searching for! This recipe was one that I found on the Betty Crocker website, and thought was delicious!
Ground Beef Risotto
1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup uncooked rice (I used brown rice)
3 1/2 cups beef broth (from 32 ounce container)
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. In a medium skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic, and pepper ove medium heat. Cook until the beef is browned. Drain if necessary.
2. Stir in rice. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in broth, and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in carrot. Cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes, or until most liquid is absorbed.
5. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in cheese. Cover, let stand for 3 minutes.