Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pamesan Roasted Green Beans



Jana here with a delicious way to cook fresh green beans!  When our first batch of green beans were ready to harvest from our garden, I wanted a yummy way to cook them!  I was already going to be using the oven for another part of our meal, so I found a recipe that looked and sounded delicious!  It indeed turned out to be very tasty, and we definitely didn't have any leftovers! 

Parmesan Roasted Green Beans

8 ounces fresh green beans
Olive oil
salt
black pepper
parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. In a gallon sized plastic bag, place green beans (with ends snapped off), small amount of olive oil (you want enough to coat the beans...I would start with a tablespoon, and add more if necessary), pinch of salt, and pepper.  Shake the bag, and mix everything up until it looks well coated.

3. Place the green beans on a cookie sheet, and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.

4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if this recipe could be done minus the oven. It is 106 right now. Not the right time for the oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this recipe would be best using the oven. I don't think another method is going to give the same flavor that oven roasting will...maybe save it for Fall!

      Delete
  2. I made your recipe tonight on the grill and I used frozen green beans. It was great! My only addition was a few sprinkles of garlic powder. Thanks for the great recipes. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete