Friday, August 24, 2012

Baked Breaded Mushrooms


I love mushrooms, and wanted to try a new recipe that would use them as a side dish, rather than always cooking them in things.  I found a recipe for baked mushrooms here that gave me an idea for baking temperatues and times, but I changed the rest of the recipe pretty drastically.  My whole family loved these, even my 2 year old daughter who doesn't typically love mushrooms!  The outside coating is light and crispy after baking, and holds a delicious mushroom inside!  This is a great side to accompany an Italian dish, an appetizer, or a snack!

Baked Breaded Mushrooms

8 ounces mushrooms, stalks removed (they easily pull off)
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1-2 tablespoons Italian seasoning

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

2. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, and seasoning on a small plate. 

3. Dip the mushrooms in the egg, then roll them in the bread crumb mixture, trying to evenly cover.

4.  Place them on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they are beginning to brown.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I want to pair this tasty dish with mushroom pasta! I think the taste of the two dishes would blend together deliciously. I think it would be great to prepare for dinner with your whole family. My son who doesn’t usually eat mushrooms would probably love it too, just like your daughter!

    ReplyDelete