Thursday, August 23, 2012

Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad

Becca here with a pretty 'clean' pasta salad recipe that is easy to adapt to you family's favorite veggies, or what you garden is producing right now & you have on hand.  I used mostly leftover leftover veggies I had from a veggie tray I had made for my daughter's seventh birthday party, with the addition of frozen green peas because their my favorite pasta salad veggie :)  I got the idea for the dressing here, and I really enjoyed the flavor.  Using Greek Yogurt as the base, and a bit of mayo for depth of flavor, and the addition of red wine vinegar to spice it up a bit, I think you'll love this salad!  Feel free to substitute any combination of your favorite veggies, although remember to vary the color & texture for variety!  We like having this for a main dish one night, and having the leftovers as a side dish later.  Enjoy!

Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad

16 ounces your favorite pasta, cooked, drained, & rinsed with cool water. I like using tri-color pasta
2 cans chunk light tuna in water, drained well
1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt (I use fat free, Fage 0% from Sam's Club)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup raw broccoli, finely chopped
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup (1 large) orange bell pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and gently stir to mix everything thoroughly.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment